Welcome to the blog

.

What 's in the blog?

My thoughts. Maybe even my thoughts about you, in the form of poems, notes, and music. If its important to me, my thoughts will be shared...

Why the blog?

Everybody heals in their own way. This blog is my way...

Love's Acquaintance

Monday 27 December 2010

May love's acquaintance never be

forgot with the call of auld lang syne



As I traverse this emotional wasteland
Starved of love
Avoiding those of stone cold heart
Who would dare pretend to touch me
I remain under the watchful gaze of gilded faces
That should wish me to fall in the rockiest places
They invite me to banish all thoughts of grief
As though stabbing my own heart
Could yield instant relief
It would appear that flowers on the earth still wither and die
But your rose continues to burn brightly
Never dying in my mind
Irreplaceable
The best time of my life
A time that was closed
With the taking of your life
So now a new year draws near
To end the last year I survived
To the sound of yet another “auld lang syne”
Another new acquaintance needs be forgot
And another empty heart lost to mind
So that we are here once again
Lost in one of those moments
That conspires to bring me to you
My only love
The one who has always been true
Thoughts of you no longer bring me grief
Nor the desire inside for mortal release
Instead they keep me warm
As you ever guide my way
Another year calls
In that I have been blessed
Once again I ask your guidance
Before you are called back to your rest

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely emotion filled write, tender and touching with a quietness, much like an embrace:)Athena

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments about the blog or individual writings. Thanks for sharing.