Welcome to the blog

.

What 's in the blog?

My thoughts. Maybe even my thoughts about you, in the form of poems, notes, and music. If its important to me, my thoughts will be shared...

Why the blog?

Everybody heals in their own way. This blog is my way...

The Devil Can Only Make Work For Idle Minds

Sunday 26 December 2010

God hates me
But the devil made me do it
So another man dies
And people excuse it
It isn't the government that steals a young man's hope
Standing in the winter cold peddling young kids dope
It isn't the government whipping people into line
Proving the world owes a living
"..Because someone else got mine"
Ignorance learned is what ignorance does
Instead of pointing fingers in excuse
Or rewinding "because..."
The ghetto is what you carry
Like a state of mind
Just like your jeans hangin' low
So you can show off your behind
There were no voices
There was no gun to the head
Just a statement of fashion
That shows your brain is dead
You could have turned left
But instead you turned right
Now you are cussin' and hatin'
And fixed for a fight
You don't know where you're going
Or whether your fight is right
You're just flexin' your ego
Making fear your delight
I walk with G and have nothing to fear
Because my heart is good
And my conscience is clear
So I know there's nothing wrong
When I see me in the mirror
I walk with Him
To help my fellow man
Knowing he helps me choose
When"I" CHOOSE to use MY hands

Inspired by "Poverty Line", by Cory Revolutionary Poet Sol

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

antonio i luv this scribe i hope more youth read this will impact there lives to make them think in a more positive direction

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments about the blog or individual writings. Thanks for sharing.