Welcome to the blog

.

What 's in the blog?

My thoughts. Maybe even my thoughts about you, in the form of poems, notes, and music. If its important to me, my thoughts will be shared...

Why the blog?

Everybody heals in their own way. This blog is my way...

Share What You Know about Truth

Sunday 19 December 2010

I may have misunderstood, but it seems to me that any concept of communal truth is nothing more than a kind of spiritual consensus. That is, a voting booth where spirits go to elect their favourite morality or truth for the day, hour, or moment.

I would introduce another view which would also explain why we disagree on the minutiae of things, even when in principle we intuit into the same idea, else there would be agreement without reservation on at least one thing in the world... can it be just a true justified belief I hold which appears to fit my observation of what we perceive to be truth.

Also, there is nothing within the human experience which is not perceived. Even our conscience is a form of perception. We perceive goodness in our hearts, despite knowing rationally that the heart is no more than a muscle that pumps blood. Good and bad is not agreed upon by consensus they are projected onto the deeds we observe, so that their benevolence is determined behind the veil of solipsism that separates man even from himself ie mind/body. If this is not the case I would challenge any to cite at least one universal truth.

For my part, "taking a life" seems a good place to start as to me this appears universally wrong. However people make exceptions, such as "its wrong to take a life, unless the person has killed, or except to defend my family etc etc. Each person who presents an exception presents a true justified belief that cannot be denied, but can be disagreed with. However, the truth of our respective belief remains unaltered by disagreement to allow for perspective.

My conclusion would be that the big "T" of truth either exists outside of all things- for only then can you have a place where all the facts and perspectives are available to you, or truth does not exist because there is nothing outside human experience, regardless of where it might be found in the universe.

In my mind there is no such thing as right or wrong or truth as some speak. There is no grail of truth upon which to mount a universal or collective truth, there is only perspective because I do not reside outside of all things. Therefore, whilst I might argue the minutiae of things it is only to better understand another mind as much as I can. Thus, your disagreement doesn't make me angry. But my disagreement appears to frustrate or anger you, why? Is it you are challenging me to disregard my own intuitions, feelings and perspective for that of someone outside of me? Such as your notion of truth, for example..

So long as there is a creator who resides outside of all things, then there is a truth to aspire to. So long as this created being applies himself to finding those truths then I will never stray too far from the path to the place that was promised. This is because the one who resides outside of all things has always kept his word... and I trust and believe that is not going to change, no matter how convincing you want to be.

This is what I believe, in the absence of anybody "knowing" better...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments about the blog or individual writings. Thanks for sharing.